Our family love super heroes. Since three of my four kids are girls, I am always looking for female influences for them. This movie showcases 7 great female superheroes that are rock stars and my girls love watching this movie. It is a fun movie about the DC Super Hero Girls as they go up against Dark Opal. They have to combine their strengths and help each other in order to overcome the darkness before everyone at the school is in trouble.
WORLD’S MOST POWERFUL FEMALE SUPER HEROES NAVIGATE THE TWISTS
AND TURNS OF HIGH SCHOOL AS WARNER BROS. HOME ENTERTAINMENT RELEASES
DC SUPER HERO GIRLS: HERO OF THE YEAR
ON DVD AUGUST 23, 2016
Where can you find the most powerful and prominent Super Teens in the galaxy? Super Hero High of course! Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Batgirl, Harley Quinn, Bumblebee, Poison Ivy and Katana band together to navigate the twists and turns of high school in DC Super Hero Girls: Hero of the Year. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment. Move over boys! It’s time for the girls to take flight in this all-new ground-breaking franchise.
Join Wonder Woman, Supergirl and Batgirl along with fellow gal pals Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, Bumblebee and Katana. Enrolled at the esteemed Super Hero High, the teens in training practice their unique abilities and master the fundamentals of becoming super heroes.
As the students compete for the annual Hero of the Year prize, the ominous Dark Opal and his mysterious partner-in-crime target the girls and the school in their plot to rule the universe. Join the DC Super Hero Girls as they discover that the real power lies within each and every one of us!
These young Super Heroes discover unique abilities, develop powers, and combat an abundance of overwhelming, exciting and awkward moments to master the fundamentals of being a hero – one day at a time! The group includes:
- Wonder Woman was raised on Themyscira, a paradise island overflowing with female leaders. This natural born leader has super strength, the power of flight and a magic lasso that forces anyone to tell the truth.
- Batgirl is crazy smart – she was accepted to Super Hero High based on her brainpower alone (she wasn’t born with super powers). But this crime-fighting sleuth may be the most influential of all! Her unparalleled intellect, expert martial arts skills, photographic memory and legendary detective skills are a formula for an incredible Super Hero.
- Supergirl is the most powerful teen on earth, but also incredibly clumsy. She has super strength, super hearing and super speed but will need to be sure she doesn’t trip over her own two feet en route to saving the world.
- Harley Quinn is the resident class clown who lives for jokes and over-the-top pranks. Nonetheless, this quick-witted gymnast is sneaky and full of surprises.
- Bumblebee has the ability to shrink, allowing her to sneak around without being spotted. She makes sure her team is never surprised by any villains or enemies up to no good.
- Poison Ivy, got caught up in a botched lab experiment, and now has the ability to control and summon plants. She’s gradually adapting to her amazing new powers and blossoming into her new life.
- Katana is an artist with an edge – this fearless martial arts fashionista is up for any crime-fighting test and is never without her sword.
Together, these seven fearless Super Heroes prove that we all have the power to make the world a better place – even while school is in session!
Girls around the world now have their very own Super Hero world to play, watch, read and be inspired! To further bring this all-new universe to life, DC Super Hero Girls animated shorts and TV specials will continue to release over the next year, allowing girls 6-12 to continue reaching their full potential alongside these superstars. Additionally, Warner Bros. Consumer Products and DC Entertainment, in partnership with Mattel, have brought the DC Super Hero Girls to life, beyond the animated shorts and website, with the first-ever line of 12-inch Action Dolls, 6-inch Action Figures, as well as role play and playsets now available exclusively at Target in the U.S., along with other product, including apparel, accessories, publishing and more. The DC Super Hero Girls global merchandise program will hit retail worldwide, beginning in July 2016, offering a wide range of product to fans around the world. Random House and DC Comics are also releasing an exciting array of DC Super Hero Girls books and graphic novels. Fans can discover more at DCSuperHeroGirls.com and through dedicated social media platforms, including YouTube, Facebook and Instagram.
Watch the trailer for
DC Super Hero Girls: Hero of the Year features some of the top voice actors in the industry. Grey Griffin (Wonder Woman), Anais Fairweather (Supergirl), Mae Whitman (Batgirl/Barbara Gordon), Tara Strong (Harley Quinn/Poison Ivy) Teala Dunn (Bumblebee), and Stephanie Sheh (Katana) join forces to portray some of the newest students to attend Super Hero High.
“Warner Bros. Home Entertainment is thrilled to team with DC Entertainment to release DC Super Hero Girls: Hero of the Year on DVD,” said Mary Ellen Thomas, WBHE Vice President, Family & Animation Marketing. “We’re excited to bring DC Super Hero Girls to life and create an immersive world to help inspire young women like never before. These characters were developed with girls 6-12 in mind and will deliver epic story lines featuring strong females. It truly embraces and celebrates girls as they discover their own unique abilities.”
Six Animated Shorts:
- Hero of the Month: Wonder Woman
- Fall into Super Hero High
- Hero of the Month: Bumblebee
- Hero of the Month: Poison Ivy
- Saving the Day
DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION ELEMENTS
DC Super Hero Girls: Hero of the Year will be available for streaming and download to watch anywhere in high definition and standard definition on their favorite devices from select digital retailers including Amazon, CinemaNow, Flixster, iTunes, PlayStation, Vudu, Xbox and others. Starting August 9, DC Super Hero Girls: Hero of the Year will also be available digitally on Video On Demand services from cable and satellite providers, and on select gaming consoles.